[MLB-WIRELESS] Belkin Problem

Rob Nancarrow rnancarrow at optushome.com.au
Tue Oct 28 18:16:35 EST 2003

Hi Guys. I'm having a problem with my Belkin PCI Card (F5D6001au Version2). I have it running in a server in AdHOC mode, to share the internet over WiFi to the family (trying to save money by not buying an AP).

It works for about 2 mins or so, then cuts out for about 5 seconds, constantly... Like, 2 mins working, cut-out, 2 mins, cut-out etc.. And it's not a range problem, because I've tested the connecting computers from about 5 metres away.

The connections are an ORiNOCO PCMCIA, Toshiba MiniPCI, and an Intel Centrio...

I've tried Belkin email support but they're not replying, so I was wondering if anyone here had any ideas?

Thanks, Rob.