[MLB-WIRELESS] DI-804V Issues Maybe time for an upgrade/replacement?

v64 v64 at optusnet.com.au
Wed Oct 29 18:20:20 EST 2003

Hey guys,

Just wondering If anyone has some suggestions:

My current setup ADSL -> DLINK DI-804v -> Desktop 1
-> DWL900+  -> 4 x wireless cards
 -> Netgear 4 Port Router  -> Desktop 2
                                      -> XBOX

I'm currently running a DLink DI-804V but my IRC Sessions keep timing
out and it's driving me insane I've updated to the latest bios, v4.74
running and running UPNP. I think it just times out the connection if
there is no activity?
I think I'm just going to sell it if I can't work a way around it.
Anyone have any  suggestions on what to replace it with?
I would probably need a decent firewall built in that is pretty
configurable, possibly VPN connected directly to the router if not pass
through and I have a wireless access point (DWL900+ running at 22mb of
course) so built in wireless isn't required.

Oh, another thing as I just mentioned I'm running DWL 900+ for my
wireless needs although the signal is pretty average which sucks for
22mb may as well use it. It covers the house but pretty low speeds. I
have a computer through 2 brick walls that I used to record music to
which is murder to get a 600mb file over the network to my everyday
desktop, also I'm going to look at putting my XBOX in the car at some
stage so I'de like to be able to cover some distance around my area
without running an Arial 200 feet into the air at home hehe:)
Also prefer not to have a massive antenna on the car either if possible.
;)

Thanks in advance

Matt