[MLB-WIRELESS] DWL-650 question.

vk3jma at net2000.com.au vk3jma at net2000.com.au
Tue Oct 28 07:51:04 EST 2003

Hi People,

I have noticed a strange thing with mt DWL-650 card....

GMI & myself (GXT) have been playing trying to get a link over the 7Km.  we are
line of site and GMI can see my beacons.  As I am still in the steapest part of
this learning curve with Wlan's I am not sure what is going on sometimes.

Using the dwl-650's 'configuration utility' I set up the system so as GMI can
test and move antenna etc.  The 'Link Info' screen shows my MAC address...

eg  00:40:34:67:91:3f          (not the real one, I dont remember it from work)

Anyway,  if I do a "rescan" from the conf util, the MAC address changes,  well
at least the middle 2 values change, so I end up with a variable MAC in the
form of...

00:40:xx:yy:91:3f

only the xx & yy change when i hit 'rescan'??????

GMI has been able to establish a link, ie, his system says, "Connected to" but
my system says nothing?  I have tested AdHoc mode locally with another machine
but even when I am transfering files between the dwl-650 and the minitar PCI
system the dwl-650 conf util still does not indicate a connection???

Any ideas as to what may be amiss?

Thanks for your time.

Regards

Mark