[MLB-WIRELESS] Solar Power AP

Clae clae at tpg.com.au
Thu Oct 23 07:23:42 EST 2003

At 10:59 PM +0930 22/10/03, Peter Mitchell wrote:
>http://www.naturalnetworks.net/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=14&
>Itemid=27
>
>This guy has done some solar power and wireless stuff.

And he's using $2,500 worth of solar gear to run 48 watts of wireless
gear.  So I stand by my impression that a 5 watt AP will require a
lot, lot less in panels and batteries than that previously quoted.
Say $300 worth (a bit more than 1/10th of the above project).

Clae.

--
--- The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long
plastic hallway where thieves run free, and good men die like dogs.