[MLB-WIRELESS] D-Link DWL-6000AP

Dennis Biscontin dbiscontin at mshf.com.au
Tue Oct 21 12:52:48 EST 2003

Hi Everyone, I have approx. 25 clients (DWL-AB650 using 802.11a) associating
with 2 of these APs (DWL-6000AP). Every-now-and-then we experience drop-outs
on either one AP, or the other AP, or both APs. Soon after, however, a
connection is re-established. I have changed the channel settings numerous
times so that the 2 do not overlap. The SSID of both APs are equal as to
enable roaming. Both APs have been upgraded with the latest firmware. D-Link
Technical Support have offered me no help - one guy recommended I do a
Google search! Ok, great idea mate, but not something u wanna hear from
D-Link Tech. Support after waiting for more than 45mins to speak to someone!

I have thought about switching to 802.11b instead of 802.11a, however, I was
just wondering if anyone else has experienced similar behaviour and what
they may've done to rectify it. Also, any other suggestions (links? Docs?
etc.) are much appreciated!

Thanks,
db