[MLB-WIRELESS] RG-1000 - Problem with Modem Link

Grant McHerron grant at taoceti.com.au
Thu Oct 16 16:43:24 EST 2003

Heya,

Joe mentioned doing both WLAN and NAT for the wired side on the RG1 - well,
if I understand the question right, then that's what I'm doing now. My
RG-1000 is set up to provide NAT services for both WLAN and LAN as well as
DHCP (in fact, I couldn't seem to get the bloody thing to work correctly
UNLESS I had it doing DHCP for the whole LAN, much to the disgust of my
Linux box that had been doing fine up until I went wireless :)

I'm using Freebase to configure the unit (check out sourceforge.net -
search for Freebase) - it's designed to manage Apple Airport units from
Windows machines but the RG-1000 is the same thing as the Airport 1, so....
:) Anyhow, it lets me configure the unit to do NAT and DHCP for both wired
and wireless...

Hope this helps...

Cheers,

Grant

Grant McHerron
Tao Ceti Pty Ltd

685 Spencer St, West Melbourne, VIC 3003
Ph: +61 3 8327 0829             Fax: +61 3 9228 3257
http://www.taoceti.com.au       grant at taoceti.com.au