[MLB-WIRELESS] ACA discussion paper

vk3jma at net2000.com.au vk3jma at net2000.com.au
Fri Oct 10 07:55:35 EST 2003

Quoting rick <mibz at optushome.com.au>:

> im confused, as I always am, does this mean we will HAVE to get a licence? I
> kind of know how 2.4ghz wireless works, but im more interested in the
> network side I think it would be weird if I would have to get a licence for
> this hobby and would also stop A LOT of people from becoming interested

Hi Rick & Others,

No you dont.  The class licence allows for your use of 802.11a/b/g equipment
without a licence.  If you wanted to play a bit deeper with higher power then
as a licenced radio amateur you would be able to (with a few extra regulatory
requirements).

I was mearly attempting to show the other side of the coin from the comments
that sinbar had posted.

I have a great interest in both RF and networking technologies so to me the use
of 802.11a/b/g equipment allows me to get the best of both worlds.

Regards

Mark