[MLB-WIRELESS] Mirroring Websites

Allan Nelson allan-nelson at oxley.vic.edu.au
Thu Oct 9 11:19:03 EST 2003

Wget will mirror the site, and as for scripted pages, WGET has an option
to download scripted pages and ad a .html extenction to it and then
change all the links so that the page still works.

I have done it for a few small sites and it seems to work fine. I cant
remember the switches off the top of my head but they are all in the man
page. There is even some good examples of what you are looking for down
towards the bottom.

Allan

_________________________
Oxley College
Network Administrator

>>> "Ryan Abbenhuys" <sneeze at alphalink.com.au> 8/10/2003 10:08:43 am

I'm wanting to setup some mirrors of Internet websites on a PC.  Can
anyone
point me towards some good resources on how to do this and what
programs I
might need.  I've had a quick look at wget and noticed some mirroring
options but I'm not sure what to do.

Also, is it at all possible to mirror a site that's completely scripted
or
PHP?  Would the mirroring process create static HTML pages in place of
the
original pages?