[MLB-WIRELESS] Minitar specs

Robert Davidson puttputt at iaccess.ws
Wed Oct 1 10:58:33 EST 2003

Tony Langdon wrote:
>>Given that it must run some sort of customised Linux, presumably
>>something similar to what some of the Linksys routers have.
>>Does anyone
>>know if it is customizable? Has anyone asked for the source?
>

> Well, if it's Linux, source shouldn't (in theory) be too hard to obtain.
> Either that, or they're not following the letter of the GPL :)

Well I pulled apart what I could of that firmware on their website, it
doesn't seem to contain a kernel or anything, just gif images and html
pages.  The file that contains those things is gzipped within the .bin
file that Minitar have available on their web page.

There are references to Linux in the html pages within the firmware
upgrade file but no kernel or filesystem that I could find, granted I've
not had much time to look because I'm fairly rushed, but the gifs and
HTML seem to be about 900k compressed.

Cya's.

--
Regards,