[MLB-WIRELESS] A question for the Amateur Radio freaks

David Ng nudge at d2.net.au
Thu Nov 20 23:54:55 EST 2003

Here's what the tranceivers run at:
ISM Band: 433,050 - 434,790 MHz
(centre frequency 433,920 MHz)

The tranceivers will be used outdoors -- its actually part of a vacation
scholarship im undertaking over the summer.

I'm designing a wireless telemetry system for my university's Formula SAE
race car, so as the car whizzes around the track, the telemetry system sends
data about the car back to the pits in real-time.  Data such as
acceleration, speed, suspension deflection, etc will be collected via
sensors, passed through a microcontroller then finally formatted and
packetised for transmission.

The thing is, they could take the car out for testing almost anywhere.  In
fact, this years race meet is somewhere in South Australia if I'm not
mistaken.

I've taken a look at the bandplans and repeater lists, there looks like
there could be some interference with some FM repeater stations.  Lucky
there doesn't appear to be any overlapping repeaters near Monash Uni (where
I'm developing the prototype).

I guess I will just have to play around with them and see how they go, the
system I'm designing is only going to be a prototype anyway.  Its something
that will definately have to be taken into account as the project takes off.

Anyway, thanks for the info.

Regards,
nudge.