[MLB-WIRELESS] MiniPC pcmcia adapters

Jamie Moir jmoir at jmcs.net.au
Sat Nov 15 20:57:39 EST 2003

On Sat, 15 Nov 2003, Lincoln Smith wrote:

> I have only tested it with enterasys cards so far.  Works fine with them.
> As for other cards i don't know.  Anyone else want to comment?  My gut
> feeling would be 32bit cardbus cards will not work.

They wont just not work, they wont even plug in, you cant plug cardbus
cards into 16 bit pcmcia slots.

There are a lot of good B cards out that will suit, notably Proxim/Avaya
golds, and Senaos.

To the best of my recollection, there is only one G pcmcia card I cvan
think of, and it is the one that Avya have for their AP-3, they specify
that it isnt for use by clients, so I have no idea what the special magic
going on there is.

I have one only of the MiniPCs left in stock ATM from the TIB buys.

Cya,

Jamie