[MLB-WIRELESS] Free P2P phones will pressure telcos

Joe Hovel joe at hovel.net.ru
Tue Nov 11 23:17:31 EST 2003

I've been using Skype for several weeks now to communicate with my
family in Germany via dial-up connection. It is very impressive! Once
the person at the other end can give you their IP number (or vice-versa)
at that time (given most dial-ups are dynamic Ips) then the thing works
just like a hands-free speaker phone. I have tried many such software
products over the past 10 years or so - this one is the easiest and has
the best sound quality. MSN messenger gets close, but this is better
sound quality and easier to configure.
Joe in Bendigo

...snip