[MLB-WIRELESS] [Fwd: [NEWS-L] AARNet IPv6 Migration Broker ex perimental service]

paul van den bergen pvandenbergen at swin.edu.au
Tue Nov 11 10:52:30 EST 2003

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 08:20 am, Tony Langdon wrote:
> > I guess this will reopen that old IPv6 can of worms again. Flame on :)
>
> I'm gonna reconfigure my IPv6 support.  AARNet is a LOT closer than
> freenet6, and I get super performance to AARNet :-)
>
> This correspondence is for the named person's use only. It may contain
> confidential or legally privileged information or both. No confidentiality
> or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission. If you receive this
> correspondence in error, please immediately delete it from your system and
> notify the sender. You must not disclose, copy or rely on any part of this
> correspondence if you are not the intended recipient.
>
> Any opinions expressed in this message are those of the individual sender.

what he said...

actually, I am just in the process of working out IPv6 mobility for my work
testbed... so soon I will be an all singing all dancing IPv6 guru...

IMHO:
Melb wireless should support IPv6 connectivity.
that does not mean not supporting IPv4 connectivity.
Nor does it assist in deciding on routing and network configuration issues.
Alright, perhaps it does, but the issue of routing and network layout is
substantially independant of IPv6 v's IPv4 that the two can be considered
seperately.

what weas the arguement against IPv6 again? please?

--
Dr Paul van den Bergen
Centre for Advanced Internet Architectures
pvandenbergen at swin.edu.au
IM:bulwynkl2002
"And some run up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stones
to pieces wi' hammers, like so many road makers run daft.
They say it is to see how the world was made."
Sir Walter Scott, St. Ronan's Well 1824