[MLB-WIRELESS] Re: Pigtail makers beware!

vak at alphalink.com.au vak at alphalink.com.au
Sun Nov 2 12:16:14 EST 2003

You might also want to note the function of a pigtail. It is used to
convert two dissimilar family of connectors (and most often cable size).
Pigtails are most commonly used to connect LMR400, LDF450 or LDF550 type
cable to a card/AP which has a pcb thickness typically between 0.3mm and
0.7mm.

As you know, large cable is NOT that flexible and can quite easily damage
the end equipment through either track lifting or pcb flexure.

I looked at these converters 12 months ago as a possible solution, but
quickly decided they were not worth the hassle. And at <$5 AUD landed FOB
from Taiwan, they were a cheap but nasty solution.

Vak
--------