[MLB-WIRELESS] Re: Pigtail makers beware!

craig.mead at pagesmith.com.au craig.mead at pagesmith.com.au
Sun Nov 2 10:31:27 EST 2003

> Someone from the US of A pointed out to me these little numbers:
>
> Reverse pol. SMA to F-Nconn in one little package.
>
> http://www.hyperlinktech.com/web/connectors/dp_connectors_adapters.php?SKU=AXA-NFRSP
>
> Could it be time for a TIB on these?
>
> --
> Cheers,
> jASON Hecker

jASON,

Already used some of these kinds of units (not these exact ones) and there seems to be a problem with them where they must have a REALLY bad SWR or similar. Client node to me was using one and he is only about 400m away with a cantenna, was getting VERY VERY bad SNR, changed from a direct RP-SMA -> N plug as your link shows to a 30CM tail and the SNR became a hell of a lot better and even got a nice big jump in the signal too.

Not saying these will do the same thing, but you might wanna get a handful of units first to test before spending up big.

Cheers, Craig