[MLB-WIRELESS] Stalling on large file transfers

Jason Leigh Lade jlade at avant.com.tw
Fri May 30 10:46:28 EST 2003

Hi Ben,

At work I'm using a hardware AP. But at home I've got hostap running,
Although my cards Senao NL-2511CD EXT 2 PLUS don't have internal
Antenna's and currently the antenna that I'm using about 3cm long just
doesn't seem to cut it at home (so I haven't really tested this with
HostAP), I can ping and scp small files but the connection is really
flakey due to I guess the mass of power ethernet cords that are gathered
around my antenna on my server.

Because this is happening at work with a hardware AP I don't believe i
can put it down to the OS either as win98SE and Linux are doing the same
thing in the same hardware with the same card. My firmware etc I've
upgraded to 1.4.9, I also have 1.5.6 but not sure if I should upgrade to
that or not.

Jason