[MLB-WIRELESS] [OffTopic Warning!] D-Link DWL-650+ For swap or sale!

Craig Mead craig.mead at pagesmith.com.au
Thu May 29 11:17:36 EST 2003

(as posted to the SydWireless list)

Hi All,

For those Linux users who are feeling brave and want to try getting their
DLink-DWL520+ card running in managed/adhoc mode under linux, I've stolen
these links from the MelbWireless list.  Follow these for binary drivers.

 http://www.hack.gr/users/panxer/wireless/
 http://www.ivor.it/wireless/acx.html
 These are NOT SUPPORTED. There is NO SOURCE CODE available.

I haven't tried these myself, so post to the list if you get them going!

SStteevvee.

For account administration (such as removing yourself from the mailing list
and changing your email address)

Proudly supported by http://www.AustWireless.com

---

Hi Rik!

Ian just informed me that they don't work under Linux. I'm running Debian
3.0 2.4.20-1, isn't that what everyone uses? ;P
Funny thing is I bought the card specificaly because I remembered seeing a
"Linux Drivers" link on their page a couple of months back... The link is
now gone, so they either changed their mind or I was imagining it!
I have however tried an Orinoco card under WinXP and had very similar
results.
As soon as the card requested a DHCP lease (I could watch it on the server)
the machine locked up.

Thanks for your help!

regards,
Garreth