[MLB-WIRELESS] [Fwd: [isp-australia] RE: ACA]

Andrew Griffiths andrewg at d2.net.au
Tue May 27 09:26:31 EST 2003

Might be of interest to some.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [isp-australia] RE: ACA
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 08:40:04 +1000
From: Skeeve Stevens <skeeve at skeeve.org>
To: isp-australia at isp-australia.com

Yeah... We've got a few assholes in our area doing wireless and charging
for it without a Carrier Licence or NCD.
We want to do it.. And legally... But spending all the money to do it,
and having the ACA let these guys get away with it worries us as it
wastes the investment.

I think 'Someone selling pirate software when you have paid for the real
thing' is the best comparison I can think of...

I have heard mumbling from the ACA that they are currently drawing up
procedures to prosecute, but I have no idea how much they will actually
enforce it...   Set up a pirate TV or Radio broadcast and watch them
come at you quick smart.

...Skeeve