[MLB-WIRELESS] weirdness over wireless

Alex Musgrove musgrove at iinet.net.au
Sun May 25 14:21:12 EST 2003

hey guys,

Machine A local
Mandrake 9 running a Ricoh cradle and roamabout card IP 10.0.0.10

Machine B over 1.68km wireless link
Mandrake 9 running a Ricoh cradle and roamabout card IP 10.0.0.50

Laptop C  local
WIN95 running roamabout IP 10.0.0.30

the laptop C has full connectivity with A and B when the antenna is plugged
in of course

but if I switch the antenna to the Mandrake box A then I get no connectivity
to B, but full access to C

Any ideas...   it's not the antenna, cable or pigtail.  It's not the cards
as they work locally.

The only thing is, the cards both appear as HermesI in the roamabout util,
could it be that these names are clashing?
If that could be the reason, how do I change that name?

cheers,
            Alex