[MLB-WIRELESS] OT - bluetooth.

paul van den bergen pvandenbergen at swin.edu.au
Wed May 21 17:00:20 EST 2003

On Wed, 21 May 2003 04:30 pm, Tyson Clugg wrote:
> Paul & esteemed colleage,
>
> I got a MSI USB Bluetooth adapter from High Land Computers (specifically
> from their stall at the swap meet) for $99 about 6 months ago - I'm
> certain there is cheaper stuff available now.  Regardless, the MSI
> device works fine with my Ericsson T39m allowing me to send faxes, make
> GPRS data calls, etc.  I'm yet to find any device which supports the
> Bluetooth "voice profile" allowing me to make/receive voice calls on the
> mobile from the PC.  If you find something like this, then please let me
> know.

I compiled the data I recieved from you all (thanks folks! - I don't know what
is scarier, that the person requesting the info knew I would know where to
ask, or that you all wer able to answer.... does this mean we all need to get
a life?) and sent it off at the start of the week as promised.... and
recieved a reply that Hubby of requestor had gone to HT on the way home from
work on friday night and bought an appropriate device - I believe he got a
Belkin USB 100m range for around $145... jealous? moi?... never...

hey guys, perhaps I'll ditch the WiFi and set up a bluetooth adhoc network
instead.... :-)

--
Dr Paul van den Bergen
Centre for Advanced Internet Architectures
pvandenbergen at swin.edu.au
IM:bulwynkl2002
"And some run up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stones
to pieces wi' hammers, like so many road makers run daft.
They say it is to see how the world was made."
Sir Walter Scott, St. Ronan's Well 1824