[MLB-WIRELESS] <PLUG> Cheap prices for wireless gear

Jason Hecker jhecker at www.wireless.org.au
Tue May 20 17:09:35 EST 2003

Heh.... wellllll....

If you can live with the quirks it's fine.  My DWL-900AP has worked
without grief, and I finished a DWL-900AP+ bridge link (<1KM) today and
it's flying along nicely - it's as if we strung a bit of coax ethernet
between the buildings.

Bridge mode in the DWL-900 doesn't go to sleep so long as you have packets
traversing both ethernet interfaces on the link (use ping).

I don't know of any other problems with DLink stuff - oh, except the
DWL-520 only working in some PCI2.1 and all PCI2.2 boards, which was
useless to me on my PCI2.0 box.

Apart from the quirks... DLink is fine.(?)

On Tue, 20 May 2003, Ryan Abbenhuys wrote:

> It's still Dlink though.
>
> ;)
>
> >At the swap meet last weekend I found a stand selling wireless gear at a
> >competitive price.  See http://www.celetech.com.au   DWL-900AP+'s for $220
>
> >($210 at swap meet) seems pretty good to me!
> >
> >Anyone heard of them?
> >
> >I ain't affiliated; their prices are simply too good!

> >with "unsubscribe melbwireless" in the body of the message

Cheers,
jASON
--== http://www.wireless.org.au/~jhecker ==--