[MLB-WIRELESS] linux router, AP vs WiFi card

Nath P nathp at optushome.com.au
Sun May 18 20:47:32 EST 2003

I'm building a linux box as a firewall/router/AP for my node (FLL). I have a dlink DWL900AP (not +) already.
my question is, in terms of connection into the network is it better to have a card (like the type Vasco sells) in the linux box, or is it better to use an AP like the DWL900?

i would be leaning in the direction of the AP just because it can be stuck in a box up a tree on the end of some cat 5 and not have huge losses from running a huge length of cable to the antenna.. what else needs to be taken into consideration?