[MLB-WIRELESS] Melbwirelses DNS and Domain Names

andrewg at d2.net.au andrewg at d2.net.au
Mon May 12 12:02:10 EST 2003

> fenn.smelb.wan.melbourne.wireless.org.au
> <http://www.fennscrazystuff.smelb.wan.melbourne.wireless.org.au>  (or
> whatever - the idea being that *.wan.melbwireless.org.au is private
> IP).
>
> Alternatives could be:
>
> fenn.smelb.melbourne.wan.wireless.org.au
> or abbreviations of that, eg:
> *.mlb.wan.wireless.org.au
> *.syd.wan.wireless.org.au
>
> etc, etc.
>
> We have this lovely wireless.org.au domain - I suggest we use it :)

Uhm. Okay. considering most ppl won't be visiting a lot of places, I would
think (and if they where, they should look into self-routing and evolving
protocols for things, like various file sharing stuff ;))

That said, I'll stick to using /etc/hosts, for long DNS names. I mean,
seriously. We could always get crazy with using something like

blackhole.flk.wan locally, and on the net it would be
blackhole.flk.wan.wireless.org.au (though, I think, using a shorter
dns "top" than wireless.org.au would be better) on the net.