[MLB-WIRELESS] [Fwd: [ptp-general] Knoppix Update and a call to task.]

Drew drew at wirelessanarchy.com
Tue May 6 06:12:37 EST 2003

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[ptp-general] Knoppix Update and a call to task.
Date: 	Mon, 5 May 2003 16:05:25 -0400 (EDT)
From: 	Tom <tomwhore at slack.net>
To: 	PTPGeneralList <general at lists.personaltelco.net>

I think knoppix is getting closer to what we need to make a PTP Host
distro CD.

They are working on a little something called knoppix-customize [1]
which when mixed with the Remaster HowTo [2] might just give the dinkum
thinkers in the PTP the ability to make dreams come true.

Being able to hand out a PTP customized Knoppix CD to some one wanting to
run a node (with nocat, the right ssid, etc) would , I think, be a big
step in making running a node that much easier, and thus that much more
likely to happen with folks who are not on the top of the tech scale.

If I had the skillz Id be neck deep in making it happen. Who is up for the
task? Ill even start a bounty pool, a six of Fred[3].

[1]http://hydra.hq.linuxtag.net/~kester/knoppix-customize/
[2]http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/KnoppixRemasteringHowto
[3]http://www.hairofthedog.com/fred-detail.html

-tomwsmf