[MLB-WIRELESS] Orinoco Gold & Airport - yay :)

Grant McHerron grant at taoceti.com.au
Mon May 5 10:52:44 EST 2003

Hi Gang,

I just helped a client out over the weekend - he had a new HP laptop and an
existing Apple Airport that he wanted to use. Based on knowledge gained
from the MW Wiki entry, a friends lamentations about Airports & Orinoco
Silvers plus the usual "Orinoco is the best" comments, I figured an Orinoco
Gold card was the way to go. Harris Tech still have a few left under the 2x
Orinoco Gold cards for $150 so the client ordered that, I turned up and
(with a copy of freebase - freebase.sourceforge.net) we were away.
Everything up, configured and way more secure than how it was before.

Best bit was the client gave me the second Orinoco Gold card to cover my
time (in addition to a small "thanks" payment). Neat :)

So there ya go - it *is* possible to learn things from camping out on the
MW mailing list :)

Not to mention a few pages on the web. This is the information we need more
journo's to concentrate on - despite the crap of SPAM, porn and piracy, the
potential of the 'net for learning & "just in time" knowledge is
incredible. I'd be dead in the water without it (in everything I do: work,
play, life, etc - mind you, this could explain some of the *wierd*
attitudes I seem to have picked up over the past few years :)

Cheers,

Grant

Grant McHerron
Tao Ceti Pty Ltd

Level 1, 530 Little Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia
Ph: +61 3 9909 7067             Fax: +61 3 9228 3257
http://www.taoceti.com.au       grant at taoceti.com.au