[MLB-WIRELESS] Will the WiFi Bubble hypesters kill WiFi?

sanbar sandbar at ozemail.com.au
Sat May 3 00:40:39 EST 2003

Will the WiFi Bubble hypesters kill WiFi?
By Andrew Orlowski in San Francisco
"Or the arrival of the Web browser, which blew millions of minds, making
a mouseclick feel like teleportation." - Wired

I was really calling the editor of Wired magazine, Chris Anderson, to
check up on which weird and interesting drugs he was taking when he
wrote the sentence you see above you.

[* answer below]

Anderson bet me that in five years time, there will be more 802.11
chipsets then there will be mobile phone chipsets. Naturally,
opportunities like this don't come up every day, so of course I took him
up on the offer.

It was an affable chat, but by the end it was clear to me that Chris
hadn't just drunk the Kool-Aid, his metabolism has mutated itself,
Science Fiction-style, to produce the stuff on demand. So you never need
go thirsty ever again.

More at http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/64/30533.html

barry park
melbourne wireless node bca http://melbourne.wireless.org.au