[MLB-WIRELESS] Follow Up on HotSpot Ergonomics

Grant McHerron grant at taoceti.com.au
Thu May 1 18:50:43 EST 2003

At 06:45 PM 1/05/03, Dean Collins wrote:
 >Anyone have a link or going to post a copy of the letter?

Whoops - sorry - should have attached it to the original email. This is the
text from my archive - they only added a reference to the original
article's title.

Cheers,

Grant

----------------

Great - yet one more set of legislation to protect me from my own
stupidity. If I sit all day hunched over in front of a laptop in a cafe,
don't you think that's my own stupid fault?

Do we really need all this to protect us from ourselves? Whatever happened
to taking responsibility for our actions? "Oh, my back is sore because my
company made me sit in a bad position" - get real - I either get myself
into a better position if I'm there for a while or I split (either the
location or the company if I feel "forced" to contort myself regularly).

Surely anyone with a laptop working in a hotspot has enough brains to
figure this out for themselves and do something about it. If they don't,
perhaps they deserve what they get...

Grant McHerron
Tao Ceti Pty Ltd

Level 1, 530 Little Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia
Ph: +61 3 9909 7067             Fax: +61 3 9228 3257
http://www.taoceti.com.au       grant at taoceti.com.au