[MLB-WIRELESS] Possible Soekris bulk buy

Donovan Baarda abo at minkirri.apana.org.au
Sat Mar 22 13:30:57 EST 2003

On Sat, 2003-03-22 at 09:44, Tom Parker wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I've decided I haven't got the cash to buy any boards right now, but I did
> enquire about shipping (see below).  You'll also have to add 10% GST plus
> probably $AU40 processing fees to the lot.
>
> I also have an Advantec PC104 Cyrix board with a single slot PCMCIA card
> that would be suitable for mast mount.  I brought this along to a meeting
> some time ago (as a music player).  These are more expensive than the
> soekris board (I got it 2nd hand) but better than ITX since they only need
> +5/+12 supply.

You can get 12V ATX power supplies too, quite small (16x4cm). They are
$71.80 at http://www.everythinglinux.com.au/cat/systems/thinclients.

PC104 is smaller than ITX, and probably has lower power requirements.
ITX is cheaper with more grunt.

ABO: finger abo at minkirri.apana.org.au for more info, including pgp key