[MLB-WIRELESS] Linksys "wireless ready" routers

lkhoo at csc.com.au lkhoo at csc.com.au
Fri Mar 21 12:00:34 EST 2003

Since my smoothwall machine died a firey death yesterday I have been
thinking about a dedicated bb router.

I found this linksys one that is "wireless ready". Its fairly cheap (~$180)
for something that could quite possibly become my last link in getting
everything wireless. (I couldn't *quite* get my smoothwall box running
wirelessly but that is another issue).

The link to this product is below.
http://www.linksys.com/products/product.asp?prid=405&grid=
So, from the specs is says that it can become wireless with a wpc11 card.

My question is does anyone know if it would be possible to use one of our
common enterasys cards in one of these routers instead of the linksys wpc11
cards?

I suppose it wouldn't seeing that it requires drivers and linksys probably
don't have these in this routers firmware etc.
Or, would it just be much easier to get the "Linksys BEFW11S4 EtherFast® AP
+ Cable/DSL Wireless Router" and be done with the hassle?

Are these wireless AP's really AP's or are they running in peer to peer
mode?

Thanks

Lucas