[MLB-WIRELESS] [TIB] A new offer has been added to TIB - 18/03/2003

Simon Butcher pickle at alien.net.au
Wed Mar 19 17:28:43 EST 2003

<snip>
> Rojone's support is critical to our project.

Granted.

> They are a reputable company with whom many people have
> enjoyed a good business relationship.

Yes, and I'd probably use them again, even though I had problems.

> Bagging them in a public forum shows a lack of judgement.

Fair enough, that's your opinion. Here's the facts which form the basis
of my judgement:

I ordered a handful of Female-N connectors for LMR-240, and they were
going to arrive on a given date. They didn't come, Rojone forgot to send
them. They sent them, and came a few days later. They were *male*, not
female, so after another week of me badgering them, they finally (and
reluctantly) agreed to send me the correct order. They forgot to send
them, again. They finally came, more than two weeks after the original
date they were supposed to arrive on.

I'd use Rojone again, however I don't call the situation above
"excellent service", especially since I had to hound them to get the
correct order sent to me. I might add I was ordering the connectors on
behalf of people who had ordered Hills antennas from me and wished to
have the dipole's drop leads re-terminated. Some of those people
cancelled their orders because of the lengthy delay, leaving me out of
pocket.

Again, as I said, I'd use Rojone again, and I'm likely to be doing
another order shortly (as I stated in the original e-mail). However, if
anyone is to use Rojone, I'd suggest they be prepared for lengthy
delays.

This is _my_ account of my dealings with Rojone, and others may have had
a good relationship(s) with them. For my first order from them, though,
I found their service to be disappointing, and their interest in my
business abysmal. However, I'm still keen to use them for their prices
and product range, and now that I know what to expect, I'm sure there
shouldn't be much more of a problem in the future.

Now that you know the facts, are you aware of why I'm disappointing in a
company everyone seems to recommend so highly?

There are two sides to every coin.

Thanks,

 - Simon