[MLB-WIRELESS] Much Bigger Download Caps On their Way

vak vak at alphalink.com.au
Wed Mar 19 02:42:25 EST 2003

These plans would be perfect for interstate & inter-regional packet
distribution. I would be happy to donate bandwidth for this purpose.

There are a few catches though.

1)You cannot see/use the service before making a decision to go ahead -
would you fork out $160 - 270 per month, for a year if you had NO idea
what the service was like ?

This is pretty important if for example you rely heavily on usenet. Most
ISP's news servers nowdays are woeful.

2) Most plans are on 6/12 month (minimum)
3) There is NO cooling off period (as there are with most contracts) -
Is this even legal ?
4) If you don't like the service - stiff bickies...

FYI: Telstra called me last night trying to induce me onto
broadband....... $349 per month (or thereabouts) for a 1500/256k account
with an 8 gig allowance.. Thats twice as more expensive as most other
ISP's i've researched.

Vaskos
--------