[MLB-WIRELESS] [TIB] A new offer has been added to TIB - 18/03/2003

Jamie Moir jmoir at jmcs.net.au
Tue Mar 18 19:25:28 EST 2003

On Tue, 18 Mar 2003, Ryan Abbenhuys wrote:

> I like his idea of wireless packs.

I was going to ask people what they wanted next from the TIB so I could
try and find it. I think that I may however ask that in a different post!

> However, don't like the idea that he is a retailer.

Im one as well, just to make that absolutely clear from the start.

By being in business, to do business, it means that I can offer a warranty
on goods and also tax invoices etc on goods sold, even service god forbid!

> Just an idea, what if sales by retailers/business' have some sort of flag on
> them so people know, and perhaps TIB displays them separately.

Sure, how about arm bands =)

Actually flippant comments aside this isnt a bad idea, it would mean you
might expect tax invoice etc out of the sale etc as mentioned above.

> ....Because really this isn't a bulk purchase organised to get a discount,
> this is a retailer just advertising his goods.....and for free.

This is where you have it wrong. The WLAP offer I have just wrapped up a
few days ago was a discount for a bulk sale, I got a good price for
selling 10 or more of the parts. In turn I handed this special down to TIB
users so THEY could get a special, and I ship for really damn good prices
so Im not trying to give with one hand and take with the other either.

I don't offer most of the gear I have forsale on the TIB outside at the
same price to encourage the use of the TIB as a place for people to get
good deals.

> ....another thought, what if retailers had to pay a small fee to
> Melbwireless advertise on TIB.   (this depends on how we see melbwireless
> and TIB to be connected, if at all)

If it cost money to advertise then that is a cost the seller would have to
accomodate in their pricing which in turn would mean that they would have
to put their prices up! I cant really see how that would be helping the
community!

Regards,

Jamie Moir

ps: please trim your posts if you arent going to quote!