[MLB-WIRELESS] Largish dish for sale

Kym Michael kmichael at sustance.com
Fri Mar 14 17:01:01 EST 2003

Clearly when configured per specs for satellite it would be too high in gain.

What if you de-focussed the dish?

i.e. moved the antenna element either in or out from the focal point of the
parabola, would that not produce a broader beam of lower gain which is
ideal for our use and has the advantage that by tuning the focus it can be
tuned right up to the maximum allowable signal strength.

Kym

At 03:26 PM 14/03/2003 +1100, you wrote:
>G'day,
>
>On Thu, 2003-03-13 at 21:39, Jamie Lovick wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > On 13 Mar 2003, Donovan Baarda wrote:
> > >
> > > my uncle just rang and a shop in Mt Evelin that has a large dish on
> > > the roof (5ft+) that is winding up. My uncle said he was speaking to
> > > the owner and he apparently said "you can have it for $100 if you
> > > help take it down".
> >
> > The dish is probably around a 1.8 Meter Satellite dish, likely used for
> > C-Band satellite reception. The gain on this dish should be too high for
> > 2.4 GHz applications (1.8 would probably be about 40 dBi at 2.4 GHz)

Best Regards, Kym Michael

Sustance Pty Ltd ABN 69 065 107 422 - eCommerce, Education, ePublications
Australian Government Endorsed Supplier: #716 - 1998
Web: http://www.sustance.com - Ph: +61 5 0085-8687 - Fax: +61 5 0085-8600
Mailto:kmichael at sustance.com - quote "ktmagm" in email for fast delivery
Street Ad: 526 Torrens Road, Woodville North, South Australia, 5012
Postal Ad: GPO Box 3152ff, Melbourne, Victoria, 3001, Australia