[MLB-WIRELESS] Wireless networking question

Joe Hovel joe.hovel at med.monash.edu.au
Tue Mar 11 23:52:06 EST 2003

Rowan,
Firstly, I was talking about Wireless packets increasing continuously.
The AP900 lights only indicate ethernet connection (permanently on when
plugged in) and the wireless light just flickers continuously (even
without traffic at all, eg not connected to anything, just powered on)
I thin you have something there: a separate network card! That might
help. I have a PCMCIA slot left in the proxy server which I could use
and connect to the AP with a cross-over cable. Since the Win95B proxy
machine (486) can't route properly and already has the firewall, that
might stop all LAN traffic going out of that interface. My question is
then though, will I be able to send and receive data from another PC on
the LAN (since the proxy is in a cupboard and I don't "use" it to access
things)?
Joe