[MLB-WIRELESS] Q: What do people want from Melbourne Wireless ?

bchild at wireless.org.au bchild at wireless.org.au
Thu Mar 6 12:03:40 EST 2003

> 1) In 25 words or less, describe what draws you to wireless in general ?

  A) The freedom to go beyond wires and take different avenues & approches
     to goals and tasks.

> 2) What do you want & expect Melbourne Wireless to do for you ?

  A) I don't want anything & never expect, I help create Melbwireless, to
     share information and give broader ideas and views to how things can
     be done.

> 3) What expectations do you have of the MW committee ?

  A) I don't, may they try and cater for the masses to the best of their
     ability.

> 4) Where do you see MW being in 12 months ? 24 months ?

  A) Hopefully providing the same level of experiences shared, both in
     information, resource and community spirit.

> 5) What are the major problems/hurdles MW is currently facing ?

  A) That it knows it can't please everyone, and that everyone can't accept
     that.

> 6) What is the major hinderance to getting your (or other people's)
>    nodes up ?

  A) Mine has been money of late & time, though I have currently 2 active
     nodes running with the possibility of another 2 link back 2 me as well.
     (money, time & weather permitting)

> 7) If MW owned Access points around Melbourne, would it be incentive
>    enough to join the network ?

  A) I guess it would be viewed as to what was on the AP, there's always
     the cool factor for so long then it comes down to what else can I get
     for free syndrome.

> 8) Are you happy with Melbourne Wireless in general ?

  A) Yeah on the whole, information, friendship and ideas has been the
     bonus.

> 9) Is there anything Melbourne Wireless can do to improve ?

  A) Don't try so hard, move at a peave it can keep up with, with the
     resources it has available to itself.

> 10) Anything you might like to add.

   A) Yes, well done to all for keeping a idea alive and kicking, and
      proving that no matter how stupid things sound with time and
      persists, anything is possible.

Regards Glen
(Nodes AAC,FTA)