[MLB-WIRELESS] WinXp and Enterasys

paul van den bergen pvandenbergen at swin.edu.au
Tue Mar 4 11:30:23 EST 2003

On Tue, 4 Mar 2003 10:57 am, Fenn Bailey wrote:
> > The only thing I can think of is to have a member only sign
> > in for to stop
> > general web scanning.  still won't prevent cache trawling?!
>
> Simple HTTP authentication with a login of 'melb' and a password of
> 'wireless' would stop 99% of address trawlers (IMHO).
>
> 	Fenn.

and would not be made any weaker by having the login details publically
published either... nice! (publically published??? what was I thinking!
bloody engineers...)

--
Dr Paul van den Bergen
Centre for Advanced Internet Architectures
pvandenbergen at swin.edu.au
IM:bulwynkl2002
It's a book. Non-volatile storage media. Everyone should have one.