[MLB-WIRELESS] weatherproof cat5

Joe Hovel joe.hovel at med.monash.edu.au
Fri Jun 20 12:00:49 EST 2003

I've had ordinary Cat5 cable exposed to the weather for 2 years now - no
visible deterioration at all! It is important however NOT to put any
strain on exposed plastics - my cable is slung off steel cable between
two buildings.
I have also buried some Cat5 cable, using 12mm ordinary (=cheap watering
system) black poly pipe as conduit and for protection from the "worms"
across the garden to my antenna tower. That seems OK to too.
Joe in Bendigo