[MLB-WIRELESS] Satellite dish..

Jamie Lovick jalovick at doof.org
Thu Jun 19 17:35:17 EST 2003

Hi,

On Thu, 19 Jun 2003, Alexander Cohen wrote:

> Hmm on the subject of very big dishes has anyone tried making very
> large 'virtual' dishes by setting up a row of smaller dishes all
> hooked up to the same AP?

This is called an array. An example of an array would be the quad
Bi-Quad which there are plans of floating around the Internet (I can't
find a URL right now). These can be quite difficult to tune, considering
the other simpler options available.

I am sure there are others on the list that know a bit more on arrays
than I do.

Mind you, I'd like to see an active 12 GHz array made, with automatic
cross-polorization ability. I'd like to see a flat pannel antenna for
Satellite reception for use on apartment buildings, etc.

Regards

Jamie

--
Jamie Lovick    <->  IT Consultant    <-> +614 1479 1681
Hobby     : Doof.org                   -> jalovick at doof.org
Director  : Drastic Solutions Pty Ltd  -> jalovick at drasticsolutions.com.au
----- Public Relations Officer - the Australian Wireless Association -----