[MLB-WIRELESS] Satellite dish..

Jamie Lovick jalovick at doof.org
Thu Jun 19 16:35:33 EST 2003

Hi,

On Thu, 19 Jun 2003, Alexander Cohen wrote:

> Ah cool, didn't know that usual calculator page existed.

Yep. there are some better antenna calculators out there which allow for
alot more variables, including calculating focal lengh and other useful
stuff. I just can't seem to find the URL at the moment.

> *notes that he needs a 3.8km antenna to get a 100dBi gain, and that
> a 10km antenna doesn't help much more*

I'd hate to imagine what the focal lengh would be ...

I quothed:
> > It's fairly basic, but there is a gain calculator at:
> >
> > http://www.swisswireless.org/wlan_calc_en.html

Regards

Jamie

--
Jamie Lovick    <->  IT Consultant    <-> +614 1479 1681
Hobby     : Doof.org                   -> jalovick at doof.org
Director  : Drastic Solutions Pty Ltd  -> jalovick at drasticsolutions.com.au
----- Public Relations Officer - the Australian Wireless Association -----