[MLB-WIRELESS] Satellite dish..

Fenn Bailey fenn_b at smktech.com.au
Thu Jun 19 10:00:06 EST 2003

Howdy all,

During my travels, I have managed to acquire a satellite dish. Photos of it
will be forthcoming, but possibly someone can shed some light as to what it
is. It cost me an outrageous amount of money that almost broke the bank: $7
!!!!

It's metal, black and and oval shape, about 60cm x 80cm. It's got an offset
feed (eg: it's a portion of a full parabola) and the LNB says "GALAXY" on
it. (I didn't think Galaxy ever used this type of dish - eg: I thought it
was terrestrial).

Anyway, my plan is to remove the LNB and replace it with a bi-quad.

Just curious as to:
 - Whether anyone has played with one of these before
 - Whether anyone on the list has played with bi-quads before and maybe has
some good design tips (or some spare ones lying around ;)
 - What sort of gain I can expect (I'm thinking it will most likely be
>25dB, which could be interesting).

I'll try and drag it on to a meeting (when I finally get back to one) -
ideally after I've hacked it up a bit :)

	Fenn.