[MLB-WIRELESS] GLL and GLO FOund GHO

andrewg at d2.net.au andrewg at d2.net.au
Mon Jun 16 11:45:29 EST 2003

> I see GHO's role in the MW network to be more of a short term solution
> until there are multiple other routes between regions. Whats the point
> of creating a city-wide network that is reliant on one node to
> function?

So that we can bitch at each other when it falls over and eventually become
a group that labels each other "asshat's" because there isn't multiple
links. Hey, you asked ;)

Seriously though for people who don't understand a need for multiple links,
draw some circles on a piece of paper and make a link or two between
things. when you start seeing more links in the network, the more resilient
it is.

(That said, there could always be problems utilising the "extra" bandwidth
b/c lack of some thinks. From memory, the multihoming capabilty in zebra or
something.)

- andrewg.

Hmm, test in like 15 minutes... I probably should be reading now, so excuse
me if this doesn't make much sense.