[MLB-WIRELESS] GLL and GLO FOund GHO

Ryan Abbenhuys sneeze at alphalink.com.au
Mon Jun 16 09:04:27 EST 2003

I believe (and it's not up to me ultimately), that we want to restrict it
to 1 uplink from as many major active clusters as possible.  This is a way
to fill in links between active groups that would otherwise take years to
happen by any other means.

Of course bandwidth is the prime concern, when the WAfreenet boys started
the HillsHub, I believe that got slower and slower as more people connected
until people got sick of the slow speed and started to move things along in
their own areas so as not to rely on the HillsHub.

I have every confidence that we will go through exactly the same scenario
sooner or later.

Of course there will be those poor souls in remote locations with poor LOS,
nobody to connect to but willing to offer a lot to the group.  It would be
nice if these sorts of people could be allowed an exemption based on an
assessment.

I'd imagine the group of people managing GHO will have to assess each
proposed connection on its merits to decide, based on the overall
performance hit and benefit to the network, whether to allow it to connect
to GHO.