[MLB-WIRELESS] OT ftp behind a firewall

Matthew Hill matthew.hill at matthewhillonline.com
Sat Jun 14 15:43:21 EST 2003

I am :(

matt
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jason Clarke
  To: melbwireless at wireless.org.au
  Sent: Saturday, June 14, 2003 3:32 PM
  Subject: Re: [MLB-WIRELESS] OT ftp behind a firewall

  Run PASV mode on your FTP client..

    From: Matthew Hill
    To: Melbourne Wireless
    Sent: Saturday, June 14, 2003 3:07 PM
    Subject: [MLB-WIRELESS] OT ftp behind a firewall

    Hoping someone can help for an ot question

    Im trying to connect to a ftp server where my web site is hosted. However i get errors when looking at remote directories, or whilst trying to upload files. this both occurs from a windows machine behind my linunx firewall, and froma  terminal on the firewall machine itself.

    Errors include ::

    connecting to 203.220.32.124:3815
    ! Connection failed 203.220.32.124 - error 10071
    ! connect: error 0
    PORT 10,10,160,2,12,42
    500 Illegal PORT command.
    ! Failed "port":
    ! Retrieve of folder listing failed (0)

    Do i just have to enable a port on the firewall, or what ??

    Thanks guuys

    Matthew