[MLB-WIRELESS] Node GHO Update: status operational

darrend at ndpgroup.com.au darrend at ndpgroup.com.au
Fri Jun 13 08:21:50 EST 2003

A quick update on the status of NodeGHO @ Mount Dandenong

Locfinder page at http://melbourne.wireless.org.au/nodes/view.php?id=gho

Official status has been upgraded to operational. Although, we may still
do some further testing on different channels to optimise performance.
There seems to be an intermittent local power problem at the site, which
we hope to rectify in the comming weeks (bigger ups!), so dont expect 100%
uptime for the moment.

IP's have been changed to the allocated range: 10.10.129.0/28  The ftp and
web servers are now on 10.10.129.1 which is now running a wiki engine with
guest book and ip allocation info etc. Thanks to Tyson for implementing
the wiki aswell as mirroring it through to the net at http://gho.clugg.net/ where you can see the status, ip allocations and wiki content (editing is
only available via the wireless network). Tyson is still doing some work
on his link, so it may not be up 100% of the time.

If you are able to connect wirelessly to GHO, please grab an IP and add an
entry to the guestbook!
There is some stuff on the ftp like the galaxy mod video, and maybe some
debian iso's etc.

There has been plenty of long distance link testing going on over the past
weeks from nodes,  FBD @ 30km, EGG @ 35km, BHH @ 37km and a monster link
from GDW of over 51km!

Darren Dreis
Vice President