[MLB-WIRELESS] factory project

Alfred Shippen wireless at shippen.net
Thu Jun 12 18:53:19 EST 2003

> Im sure all of us will like news on this as it happens, there are quite a
> few of use interested in these sort of applications.

Happy to keep you updated...

> You need a prism based card and HostAP drivers for it, and then perhaps
> something like LEAF or similar.

Yep using a prism card.

> Another point though, any particular reason you arent just using ethernet
> clients for at least the other ends? Im aware that they do have some
> problems but they could be a lot simpler solution than where you are
> heading. Im going to bring in some new ones of these sometime for
> evaluation shortly.

I need to be able to back-up data from all machines, be able to update
software, and also take control of appliactions (rarely). I am not
altogether sure what you mean by Ethernet clients?

Each machine is Windows NT, and the proposed server will be Linux..

Cheers
Alfred