[MLB-WIRELESS] POE for SVEC AP

Jamie Moir jmoir at jmcs.net.au
Wed Jun 11 12:31:41 EST 2003

On Wed, 11 Jun 2003, Dan Flett wrote:

> Hi Brandon,
>
> I've made a POE kit for my SVEC APs.  It's based on the one on the
> NYCwireless site here: http://www.nycwireless.net/poe/

I used that, but made it an active POE using that reg kit from altronics,
although in the future I think Id just use this sample circut from here
myself;

http://cache.national.com/ds/LM/LM340.pdf

(Rob Clark pointed me at it, and while we are on the subject of RC he
found that voltage drop seriously affected the performance of these units
or his WET11, I forget which)

This will allow you to get over the length/undervoltage problems, of
course you will also need a new gruntier 12v powerpack.

Cya,

Jamie