[MLB-WIRELESS] POE for SVEC AP

Rob Clark clark at erlang-software.com
Wed Jun 11 12:32:17 EST 2003

Dan,

As a suggestion..I would slightly modify the wiring so that the 5V
wiring takes better use of the twisted pairs ... And hence be less
likely to get crosstalk to/from the 5V wires.

Here are my suggestions: Basically +5V on the 'solid' colour wires, and
the return on the colour/white wires

      4 Blue (POSITIVE 5V  to YELLOW on the socket)
     4 not used

      5 Blue & White (NEGATIVE 5V to BLACK on the socket)
     5 not used

      7 Brown & White (NEGATIVE 5V to BLACK on the socket)
     7 not used

      8 Brown (POSITIVE 5V to YELLOW on the socket)
     8 not used

I have no idea if crosstalk is an issue or not.....but can't hurt to
make this change

Cheers

Rob