[MLB-WIRELESS] Ricoh 5C475II PCMCIA --> PCI cradle

Fenn Bailey fenn_b at smktech.com.au
Thu Jun 5 11:14:56 EST 2003

> are the  Ricoh 5C475II PCMCIA --> PCI cradle's pci2.2 only?
>
> anyone had any experiance with these in a lesser mobo?

Um, I think technically they're PCI 2.1, but I have had mixed results with
motherboards that claim to be everything from PCI2.1 and 2.0.

Eg: I have one motherboard that claims it is 2.1, but it doesn't work, one
that claims it is 2.0 but it DOES work and vice versa.

The symptoms are pretty nasty too - the card will usually detect, install,
and do everything but work properly :(

It will often do the whole 'beeping' thing and lights will come on, but you
can't get any connectivity (all my testing was in linux).

I went through a few days of very considerable pain trying to work out what
I'd done wrong with one of these, only to find that my mobo didn't support
whatever PCI implementation the card was trying to use.

	Fenn.