[MLB-WIRELESS] NodeGHO Announcement

darrend at ndpgroup.com.au darrend at ndpgroup.com.au
Wed Jul 30 14:36:04 EST 2003

Hi Guys,

Just letting you all know that NodeGHO will soon be 'locked down' to allow
only backbone nodes access.

The main objective of this node is to provide a backbone link to the
already established regional clusters aswell as provide incentive for new
clusters to get up and running.

The main criteria to connect to GHO once it is locked are:
- the node has an AP servicing other nodes (ie running mutiple external
interfaces).
- is running OSPF routing protocol.
- has the ability to provide for QOS in the future if implemented.
- able to maintain a reasonable link quality without adversely affecting
others

Please email me over the next week or so with your node details including
MAC and IP addresses if you wish to remain permanently connected.
If you can only meet some of the criteria, or are looking to soon, please
also email me, and we'll consider each node based on it's merits. (eg. you
hope to provide a backbone link to a new cluster, or have something unique
to offer the network etc.)

Please dont ask me to connect when someone down the street from you is
already! :P

We hope to eventually have a secondary node at the same, or similar
location. When this happens, we will make one a 'public' access AP.

Darren Dreis
Vice President
Melbourne Wireless Inc.
vicepresident at wireless.org.au