[MLB-WIRELESS] xDSL to Regional and Interstate nodes.

Tony Langdon tlangdon at atctraining.com.au
Thu Jul 10 14:43:17 EST 2003

> but I have a disagree, there's plenty more to do here first.
> Frankly the
> growth rate in melbourne is pathetic.  We need decent
> infrastructure in
> place here and we need people to get off their asses.  Sure,
> in the past
> few months things have actually started to move *slowly*, but
> they need to
> start moving more.

Actually Ryan, this makes sense.  I'm a bit limited in that I can only offer
very limited range coverage, as I will probably have to settle for an indoor
omni or patch antenna sitting in the window (rented house problem) for at
least the next few months.  However, I might just do that and setup my AP.
I can bury the AP somewhere and a short length of LMR-400 will get me to the
window.  I've already got the Cat 5 to run to the AP.  Then I'll declare BCJ
"operational". :-)

All I'd need is a couple of N connectors for my LMR-400 and an omni antenna
that I can mount in the window (hmm, a coax collinear taped to the window?).

Anyway, I plan on being at this Friday's meeting.  I've been to out of touch
of late. :-(

> We need less talk and more action people.

Well said.  You've helped me to decide to just put up what I can and see if
people can manage a connection. :)  It won't be elaborate, but it will be
able to cover the local valley, at least.  Now all I'll need is a feed to
the rest of the network.  Anyone close enough to NodeBCK want to try hooking
up?  You will need to be in the same valley as me and/or have a very high
gain antenna.  SW is my best direction...

Haven't tried, but I may even be able to offer IPv6 addresses on my main
/64. I also have a lot of spare /64's that belong to my /48. :-)